The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has approved establishment of a new All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Darbhanga, Bihar. This will be established under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY). The Cabinet also approved creation of one post of Director in the basic pay of Rs 2,25,000/- (fixed) plus NPA (however pay + NPA would not exceed Rs 2,37,500/-) for the above AIIMS.
The total cost will be Rs.1264 crore and is likely to be completed within a period of 48 months from the date of the approval of Government of India.
Benefits to the common man/highlights
• New AIIMS will add 100 UG (MBBS) seats and 60 B.Sc (Nursing) seats.
• New AIIMS will have 15-20 Super Specialty Departments.
• New AIIMS will add 750 hospital beds.
• As per data of current functional AIIMS, it is expected that each new AIIMS will cater to around 2000 OPD patients per day and around 1000 IPD patients per month.
• PG and DM/ M.Ch Super-specialty courses will also be started in due course.
Source: Press Information Bureau