As part its continuous efforts to remove encroachments form the various parts of the New Delhi District, an anti-encroachment drive was conducted in New Delhi District during the month of July, 2020.
This was done with the intent to remove illegal structures erected in the areas thereby resulting into ease of traffic/pedestrian movement and the drive has provided good results.
The removal of encroachment was carried out along with Para-Military Force on Govt./public land at the following locations:
- RML Hospital Gate No. 5
- RML Hospital Gate No. 6
- Ridge Road
- San Martin Marg
- Malcha Marg Market
- Sanjay Camp, Chanakya Puri
- Yashwant Place, Chanakya Puri
- Outside Shop No. 36-B, Hanuman Mandir
- Swami Ram Tirath Vatika, Panchkuian Marg
- Safdar Hashmi Marg, in front of Shri Ram Centre
- FIR No. 39/20, dated 02.07.2020 U/S 283 IPC, Connaught Place, New Delhi
- FIR No.49/20, dated 07.07.2020 U/S 283 IPC, PS Barakhamba Road, Delhi
In rest of the places, action has been initiated under the provisions of DP Act.