Homebuyers of Emaar MGF Land Limited have complained to Deputy Commissioner (DC) Gurugram against the high-handedness of the builder. According to the buyers, the builder had launched Gurgaon Greens housing society project sector 102 Gurugram in January 2012. Gurgaon Greens housing society has 672 flats. Large number of buyers are facing various issues with builder. In soft launch of the project builder Emaar promised to offer the possession in June 2015, but Emaar didn’t complete the project in promised time-frame. They started offering possession in December 2018 only. Currently, around 200 handovers of flats have been completed. Large numbers of buyers are eligible for delay possession compensation from June 2015 till date which is a huge amount in lakhs for buyers.
Emaar is denying to pay the compensation to the buyers. Many buyers filed cases against builder in various courts. There are many buyers who bought the flats in resale and they are also eligible for delay compensation but builder is not entertaining their claims. He can’t legally bifurcate based on 1st or 2nd buyer. Another major issue is input tax credit. Builder is not passing full benefits of input tax credit to the buyers. Many buyers have filed complaints regarding this issue. After taking the possession, buyers observed that construction quality is very poor and builder used the very low category building materials. Doors, tiles, electricity & sanitary hardware used is of very low category. Builder forced buyers to pay 2-year advance maintenance charges while offering the possession at the rate of 3.65 ₹ per square feet plus 18% GST extra which is highest in the city as of date. After paying huge CAM charges, facility services in society are very bad. Agency hired for maintenance of the society is not working properly and dengue fever is spread among many residents. Security service of society is in very bad condition. Guards are stealing goods from society. Security peoples are forced to work 12 hours per day without any leave in full month. This is a big compromise with residents’ security. There is no fencing on boundary wall of the society and no waiting accommodation for visitors. Currently no CCTV camera is functional in society. Peoples spent huge amount of their hard-earned money buying the flats in society but Emaar cheated all the home buyers. Many buyers approached various government agencies but nothing happened. Found no way, buyer hold protest today and handed over the memorandum to DC Gurugram, HRERA Chairman, DTP Gurugram, DG TCP Haryana & various district & state officials to take strict action against builder Emaar MGF Land limited. We requested to all concerned government departments to take strict action against Emaar and force Emaar to fulfil our below mentioned demands in a time bound manner.
- Pay Delay Possession Compensation from June 2015 till date to all buyers irrespective of 1st or 2nd.
- Pass full benefits of Input Tax Credit to buyers which builder availed from Government.
- Compensate all the buyer for using poor construction material & poor construction quality.
- Reduce high maintenance charge i.e. 3.65 ₹ + 18% GST which is highest in the city.
- Refund 2 years advance maintenance charges which was collected forcibly from buyers at the time of possession of the flats.
- Handover the maintenance of the society to RWA.
- Town & Country Planning department must order for structural & forensic audit of the society and buyers must be compensate.
- Replace current maintenance & security agency and put a new professional facility team till the handover of maintenance to the RWA.
Re-allocate the parking in a transparent manner.