A meeting to discuss about preparations for Swachh Bharat Mission was held today at around 5 pm at Ghaziabad Nagar Nigam (GNN) where all senior officials, engineers and staff participated. The meeting was presided over by Municipal Commissioner, Dinesh Chandra Singh who listed out the issues that should be taken up on priority. These included:
- To put up steel/wire mesh over storm water drains across the city. The process of identification of these drains will start now.
- At Ward level- to set up Material Recovery Facility Centre and to identify land for this purpose. The Nigam staff has been given a deadline of Oct 30 to prepare an ction plan.
- To develop a sanitary landfill at dumping ground.
- To redress complaints received on Swachhata App in 24 hours
- To make a survey of houses, industrial and commercial establishments and toilets in municipal area to find out how many of these units are connected with septic tank/twin pit system and to find out that how many industrial/ commercial units have systems installed for treatment of liquid waste or if the discharge is done in open area.
- All de-sludgers inmunicipla area be asked to take the sludge to centres authorisd by the GNN.
- To provide certificates to all registered de-sludgers after training if they match the standards of safety
- To act against illegal de-sludgers
- The Horticulture Department should ensure that wate water is used for watring nearest parks, green belts etc and to maintain a daily register
- All SFIs should every month make a survey of RWAs, offices, hospitals, hotels, schools, institures etc and to see/guide/and implement Swachhata guidelines t as per Swachh Survekshan 2020.
- All temporary (Vilopit) waste centres should be cleaned up regularly and to plant trees in surrounding areas
- List of toilets be uploaded on website.
- Toilets to have electricity connection.
- Toilets be maintained as per ODF ++ guidelines.
- To have ward level committees for monthly surveys.
A review meeting on the same lines will be held on September 14.