On October 31, 2017, “Run for Unity” on the occasion of Birth Anniversary of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel is being organized at National Stadium. About 15,000 participants will take part in the event who will arrive in buses as well as in cars. The programme is likely to cause traffic congestion at C-Hexagon and nearby areas and this may also lead to closure of C-Hexagon from 6.30 hrs to 8.30 hrs.
Suggested Routes available for general traffic
South to North and vice versa
- Ring Road – Sarai Kale Khan – I.P. Flyover – Rajghat.
- Lala Lajpat Rai Marg – Mathura Road – W-Point- A-Point
- Aurobindo Marg – Kamal Ataturk Marg – Kautilya Marg -Sardar Patel Marg – Mother Teresa Crescent – R/A RML and continue.
- Arbindo Marg- Arbindo Chowk –Prithve Raj Chowk- R/A MLNP – Janpath or Rafi Marg – Cannought Place-New Delhi Rly. Station (Chemsford Road- Minto Road)
East to West and vice versa
- P. Marg – A Point – Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Marg –Minto Road– Connaught Place – Baba Kharak Singh Marg Place-Gole Dak Khana and continue.
- P. Marg – A Point – W Point – Sikandra Road- Mandi House – Firojshah Road R/A Windsor Place – Ashok Road-Gole Dak Khana – RML – Shankar Road
- NH-24 – Ring Road – Bhairon Road -Mathura Road – SBM- Q-Point-Abdul Kalam Marg and continue.
- Ring Road – ISBT Kashmere Gate – Boulevard Road – Baraf Khana Chowk – Rani Jhansi Road and continue.
South to Central Sectt. and Connaught Place
- Mother Teresa Crescent – Park Street – R/A RML – Pandit Pant Marg for Central Secretariat and Park Street – Baba Kharak Singh Marg/Mandir Marg for Connaught Place.
- Mathura Road – W Point – Sikandra Road-R/A Mandi House- Bara Khambha Road- Cannougt Place. (for Cannougt Place)
- And For Central Secretariat- Mathura Road – W Point – Sikandra Road-R/A Mandi House – Firojshah Road – R/A Windsor Place-Ashok road-Gole Dak Khana & Pant Marg.
- Aurobindo Marg – Tuglak Road – Gole Methi – Krishna Menon Marg – Rafi Marg -Rail Bhawan- Cannought Place or Arbindo Marg- Prithvi Raj Road- Moti Lal Negru Marg- R/A MLNP- Janpath- Cannought Place.
- And For Central Secretariat –Rail Bhawan-Red Cross Road-Imtyaz Khan Marg- Central Secretariat Road or Ashoka Road-Gole Dak Khana-Pant Marg- Central Secretariat.
For RML Hospital
- From North – R/A Windsor- Gole Dak Khana- RML Hospital.
- From South- Mother Teresa Crescent – R/A RML
Man Singh Road -Janpath and Rafi Marg are available for crossing Rajpath
Motorists taking Shanti Path and going towards New Delhi and beyond may take Sardar Patel Marg – Mother Teresa Crescent – R/A RML – Baba Kharak Singh Marg or Park Street – Mandir Marg and proceed further to New Delhi and beyond areas. Traffic diversions shall be suitably enforced on roads in the vicinity of National Stadium. Motorists are also requested to avoid New Delhi area and follow the routes, as suggested above, for uninterrupted movement. General public and motorists are advised to plan their journeys in view of the events. Motorists are also advised to follow the directions of the traffic police personnel deployed for traffic arrangements to avoid any type of inconvenience. People are advised to avoid ‘C”-Hexagon (India Gate) – Mansingh Road between 6.30 am to 9 am.
–(Issued by Delhi Police)